Direct Distillation of Amphetamine

Grubby

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I have not yet succeeded in making amphetamines. Ask all the masters. Why can't the free amphetamine boiling point product be directly distilled after the NaBH4 reduction reaction is completed? I want to know the principle.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I spent too much time trying to find the answer for you. All I can say is in the synthesis I read the chemist acidified the rm to ph3 with hcl to destroy the excess NaBH⁴ before distilling. Are you doing this?

Grubby

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I just read an article and it turns out that you need to add a solvent to RM to acidify it. I have already reacted RM to PH3. Now I am hesitating whether I should evaporate it to dryness. I am afraid that nothing will be left after evaporation.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
This was a solventless reaction up until this point? No I've never seen that done. You were trying to distill a dry powder? There's a solvent in it already. What is it, DCM? Methanol? I also want to point out that at ph 3 there is no free amphetamine is a conjugatebsalt of whatever acidmyou used, assumable hydrochloride

Grubby

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
FcEWenPu5L
V3EGXY9Mkt

I followed the video prep + HCI to RM but I used HCI liquid + acetone instead of HCI gas as shown in the first photo! The red text indicates that I added 3cc of 32% HCI and 30cc of acetone and mixed. After reaching RM together, the pH was 3~4, so I heated it to evaporate the acetone. I thought I could get the crystal, but the temperature of RM was already over 100, and the smoke coming out was very choking. I immediately stopped to let the RM cool down until it was already 10 o'clock. Just like the second photo. Is there something wrong with the process I've described? I want to know why it hasn't crystallized yet
By the way, can you tell me whether amphetamine can be distilled under reduced pressure? How much pressure should be reduced and the required temperature? XD I love you so much, idol.