MDMA synthesis question ?

Franziskadiecoole

Don't buy from me
Language
🇩🇪
Reaction score
I have captured this dialogue from a website can someone make me a recipe from this info

NEWS
MUSIC
TECHNOLOGY
SHOP
DRUG WARNINGS
Chemistry lesson - how ecstasy is made
PUBLISHED ON 25. JUNE 2019 BY GABRIEL POPP

Symbolic image
We are all familiar with the small tablets that contain the active ingredient MDMA, among other things. They are often called "E's", parts, marbles, rounds or simply things. Ecstasy pills are probably most commonly produced in the Netherlands. ZDFneo has even recently produced a series that deals with this topic. We reported on it here. But how is ecstasy actually produced?

As I'm not exactly an expert in chemistry myself, most of this sounds like a railway station to me. We also don't want to encourage anyone to produce any drugs themselves. But since ecstasy is somehow part of the techno scene, we wanted to delve a little deeper into the subject.

The basic substance for the synthesis of MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine) is usually piperonal, which is actually a flavouring substance with a vanilla and almond scent. This substance is reacted with nitroethane in a condensation reaction to form 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-nitropropene. This is then hydrogenated to piperonyl methyl ketone using electrolytic iron and acetic acid. The end product MDMA is obtained in a single step by reacting this compound with methylamine. At the same time, everything is hydrogenated using amalgamated aluminium and water. The finished MDMA is usually mixed with other components such as caffeine powder and pressed into small, colourful pills.

It's basically like baking a cake. It's all very simple! It's not actually illegal either. You just need to apply for a licence from the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices. However, you need to be a pharmacist to do this.

Gerhard Schrader

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I would not recommend the route via nitrethane and piperonal, as both piperonal and nitroethane are not easy to buy. And the final substance produced is MDA, not MDMA

Easier would be the synthesis routes that start with safrole, which can be easily extracted from sassafras oil. If you can't get hold of sassafras oil, you can produce it relatively easily from the sassafras root using steam distillation.

You can find good instructions here on the Amphetamines page. The entries for meth lead to MDMA when using MDP2P, those under amphetamine to MDA if you use the base substance for XTC.

However, if you only want to produce a manageable amount for your own use, then I would recommend the halosafrole route. You can find good instructions here: http://bbzzzsvqcrqtki6umym6itiixfhn...f2qgyd.onion/resources/total-synthesis-ii.68/.
Especially from page 148-158.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I like talking about chemistry and drugs ;)