Mercuric Chloride Alternative

rothschild33

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Mercuric Chloride (CAS 7487-94-7) is banned in China thus pretty hard to source.

Is Mercuric Nitrate a possible alternative for P2P -> Meth through Al/Hg method?

If I understand it correctly, Mercuric Nitrate can be used with larger amount of water and possible to heat it as well to have greater concentration.

There seem to be 2 Mercuric Nitrates, CAS 10045-94-0 and CAS 7783-34-8, and reports that the latter is the wrong kind, why wouldn't it work?

Mr Gargamel

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
OFC you can use mercuric nitrate...
i just bought elemental mercury and dissolve it in nitric acid (6ml/1g), then i make the amalgam by water.
25g aluminum + then i drop inside 2ml of my mercuric nitrate solution, and then i shake it occasionally for 5-10 minute or until it start bubbling nicely and start to get worm.
then i decent water and rewash the amalgam twice with tap water to get rid of the remaining free mercury salt. (use metal sieve to prevent aluminum to fall with water)
for me it works very good.
make sure to grind you aluminum foil before it really help's the amalgamation work fast.

be carful of toxic aerosol while making amalgam, try to use small condenser with cotton pad in the end to absorb the toxic aerosol.

make sure that it properly amalgamate (see nice bubble foaming above the water), don't hurry and don't let it go wild either.
have a good luck.

Jordan Belfort

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Gallium chloride and iodine

Mr Gargamel

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
does gallium work as good as mercury for the reduction of p2p ?

Jordan Belfort

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Depends, but without iodine it doesn't do shit.

Also not so exothermic and doesn't destroy all your foil in x time like hg do. I must mention I did with ultrasound though

hacke8

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
You can buy mercury chloride in China, but it is very expensive. It costs 980 yuan for 100 grams.