BMK glycidates and PMK wax getting banned?

skanderbeg

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
I heard from a chinese guy which works in the manufacturing industry that in July/August all the glycidate salts of BMK and PMK are getting banned? Can anybody confirm or refute this information?

lemon

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Same here, heard the same info, hope it's fake...

samenewstory

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
https://www.unodc.org/documents/commissions/CND/CND_Sessions/CND_66Reconvened/ECN72023_CRP20_2323561E.pdf

Read this, yes looks like not only are they banning pmk ethyl ester but also making sure the chinese don't quickly switch to any other possible esters, this is really not good.

skanderbeg

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Europe is helpless and powerless against China. It will only happen if the chinese government decides to ban. But yes it's really pissing me off.

samenewstory

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
This is not a european things, its the united nations - you literally don't get a higher power for making worldwide decisions imo, and if europe as you put it was so helpless and powerless against china... where did the pmk methyl glycidate go, oh wait the chinese stopped supplying it because the united nations banned in 2019, which is when the chinese adapted to pmk ethyl glycidate... which is now going to be banned along with all the other possible esters, it's only a matter of time, the report is from November last year so i'd give it 6 months tops until its all signed off and agreed.

rosechem

Buying through escrow
New seller
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Deals
BMK PMK contains too many products, and can accurately locate products using cas 5449-12-7 and cas 28578-16-7 (powder or oil). Kind Regards!