How to reduce phenylacetone with lithium aluminum hydride(LiAlH4)

Aleffine

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hi,
I saw in the forum that p2p was reduced with sodium borohydride and Al/Hg, but these two are not available in my country, except for lithium aluminum hydride. Is the process of reducing p2p with lithium aluminum hydride the same as sodium borohydride?

Thanks

w2x3f5

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
It would be logical to obtain an imine in anhydrous THF from p2p and methylamine, then drop this solution into a mixture of lithium aluminum hydride in anhydrous THF.

Aleffine

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Thanks

w2x3f5

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Please note that when an imine is formed from p2p and methylamine, water will be released; the water must be bound.

btcboss2022

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Why does practically no one talk about the reduction of P2P in THF with ammonia(NH3) and LiAlH4 to obtain amphetamine?
Furthermore, surprisingly, I have found little information about it, but at first glance, it seems short enough and not excessively difficult to warrant some attention. Or am I missing something when analyzing it apart from the water issue?
4 P2P +4 NH3+LiAlh4 → 4 Amphetamine + Al(OH)3 + LiOH

w2x3f5

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Sodium borohydride produces a large amount of dirt at the exit. I will assume that the secondary amine reacts more readily with p2p, plus the reduction reaction of p2p. I don’t see any advantages to using lithium aluminum hydride