Methamphetamine to amphetamine?

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
New here, so this may be a really dumb question. I purchased "amphetamine" but reagent tests are showing presence of methamphetamine. I will be sending a sample in for testing to get ratios of meth vs amp. My understanding is that amphetamine is safer than meth. So is it possible to take this meth+amphetamine mix, and convert the meth portion to regular amphetamine?

To clarify why I'm asking about this, I intend to use this just for work productivity. I am not interested in recreational use.

Thanks for taking the time with my dumb question :)

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
It can certainly be done. I've never considered the idea, so I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll find out

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I noted about a dozen methods of those, ones that DIDN'T require hard to get chemicals included reducing in THF for an hour and,
"The reactive conditions of N-demethylation of MA was tested by alternating concentration of NaOH or ferricyanide. The results showed that under the high concentration of NaOH (4M) the reaction rate became slow down, but the yield of AP was higher than that under the low concentration of NaOH. No conversion between d- and ℓ-type was confirmed using HPLC analysis even in the high alkaline reaction medium."

4mol sodium hydroxide

41Dxflatline

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Amphetamine is only marginally safer and methamphetamine feels pretty much identical to amphetamine except of course it lasts longer. It would be impractical to convert it to amphetamine and you lose a fair bit doing so. That said it raises some questions about what you actually have and I wouldn't take it at all.

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.
Exactly why I'm going to have it lab tested. Only way to be sure of what it is.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
The next question I should have asked first is what reagent did you use

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I should have specified! Using the testing kit and results guide from dancesafe, I used Marquis (color indicated methamphetamine or amphetamine), Simon's (blue indicated presence of MDMA, 5/6-apb, 5-6 mapb, methylone, NEP, or 4-MMC), and Froedhe (no reaction). Best match from those is methamphetamine. Though reviewing the chart now, I should test with Lieberman and perhaps Mandelin, Mecke, and Folin to be extra sure.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I got $1 on a cathiinine

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Lieberman, Mandelin, Mecke, and Folin were all consistent with meth/amphetamine.

View previous replies…

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Nope I have literally no chemistry knowledge other than watching NileRed on Youtube and chem 101/102 in college lol. I figured I'd ask here just to find out what possible options there could be, and then try any I could safely do. (With the expectation that I won't have any options that I could safely try).

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Methamphetamine isn't that dangerous and is a prescription medication at small dosage. The issue compounds at recreational dosages. I usually smoke 20x the therapeutic dose to get high

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
After ingesting up to 60mg of the powder so far, I'm beginning to think it might just be mostly filler (like caffeine) and barely any meth/amp. I've sent in a sample to get lab tested so we'll see in a few weeks.

Catalog9045

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Lab results came back.
  • Methamphetamine : 2
  • Methylsulfonylmethane : 1
The lab doesn't report inert fillers unfortunately, so I can't test my assumption that there was filler in it too. I'm honestly surprised there was much meth at all. Anyway, I don't think it's worth trying to convert the meth to regular amp. In any case, thanks for the responses folks.