Are Ephedra plants an effective way to get Ephedrine?

lalalander

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
As many of you know, the P2NP method is very difficult for many people because it involves materials such as Nitroethane, the sale of which is subject to control, and there are no alternatives.

Species of the ephedra plant (Ephedra Campylopoda, Ephedra Major) usually grow in abundance in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea. I am very curious to know if the processing of these plants and thus obtaining ephedrine can be efficient in the short and long term.

Any help from people who are knowledgeable about this would be really helpful.

hermano

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇷🇺
Reaction score
If you have good and big source of ephedra - its great.
But if your climate is unable to produce this plant - use pseudo, or norephedrine

lalalander

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Do you know how much Ephedra it would take to produce about 1 kg of ephedrine, give or take? So that you can help me to review my possibilities and understand which route I should take.

hermano

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇷🇺
Reaction score
I think you should try to found some suppliers for ephedrine on pseudo, or pharma that contains pseudo.
Also you can try norephidrine. You can found it in some veterinary pharmacy.

xile

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
@hermano If i calculate right you need rund about 50kg plant with good natural percentage of active Substanzen, to get 1kg of a mixture of All alkaloids in it. I'm not a chemist, am just a math and physic freak. And Also you neede the right race of ephedra, cause the percentage. Also you need 100% yield

archae

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
It will definitely be very difficult to get any worthwhile amount. If you want to do that on a "hobby" scale, then you can try replicating one of the numerous articles describing this extraction, but kilogram scale is probably very tedious

Djdrama

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
You can make ephedrine at home using benzaldehyde, yeast and sugar.

archae

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I made a post explaining the process. It's far from being that easy

googie

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
L-PAC at home is not really feasible unfortunately, been discussed for many years with nothing ever coming to fruition in the end. All speculation.

Extraction of alkaloids in general takes many kilos of plant material, such as cocaine, 1kg requires on average 250kg of leaf to produce to give you an idea.

At home on a small scale if you really wish to do this, it is possible. From 2kg of Ma Huang you can extract about 10-15gr of ephedrine to use for a small quantity.

You can find it for sale online if you search for "Mo Huang". The species you want is Ephedra Sinica stapf. Don't use Mormon tea as it contains very little alkaloid content.

Soxhlet extraction is the way if you ask me.

situ1984

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
If you are Chinese, this is safe and easy to obtain. Ephedra is similar to other plants. Some people in China regard weeds as ephedra. Besides, only one type of ephedra in China is valuable for planting. Other varieties either have low levels or are protected.