Commercial scale D-METH manufacture?

FredDurst

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Does anyone know what method is best for commercial scale D-METH manufacture?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
The method you can get all of the chemicals to do it with, without raising suspicion.

FredDurst

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

Let's say I have very good access to all main chemicals, at any quantity I need through black market.

What would be the best method?

CryoThio

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
There is not really a best method. Look up how the Dutch produce mdma, the processes are the same, maybe some minor differences.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Ephedrine/ Pseudoephedrine reduction via Nagai method for this non-chemist
Because it goes straight from the E to the M, without passing go (ie no intermediates and one pot) also known as hydroiodic acid and phosphorus method. I'm interested in what a chemist would say.

FredDurst

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that the Nagai method differs from the Iodine+RedPhosphorours method by replacing the Iodine with Hydroiodic acid? Therefore skipping the step of the Iodine reacting with the Red Phosphorus to make Hydroiodic Acid insitu?

Would you say the Nagai method is suitable for multi kg batches?

I've not seen many write-ups on the Nagai method

Last edited:

Raz

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
There is no straight from E to M. There is iodoephedrine in-between. HI by itself needs Red Phosphorus so it can be recycled after converting Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine to M. So no matter which way is done, starting out with HI or by making it during the reaction (my Latin is no good so I won't be saying in situ) a form of phosphorus is used to covert iodine into hydroiodic acid.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
That's not the reaction mechanism for HI/P. According to This document it never is an iodide intermediate.
Hydroiodic acid is hydrogen iodide+H20. As pointed out HI/P and the Nagei method only differ in where and when the Hi is made.
To find out that the phosphorus' role in the reaction is the recycling of I, which couples with HYDROGEN to restore HI, read This document , but also This one, and Have another and maybe this one for a finale

FredDurst

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Thank you both. Very informative. Where can I find an actual step by step synth using HI/P route?

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
There are several in the links I provided above. The Rhodium archive is hosted on Erowid in my links which also hosts "The hive" archive, which is a searchablE forum archive, also TheVespiary. Org has mirrors of both and it's own chemistry forum.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I chose that method for simplicity and yield which can reach 95% , but I would only use it while I taught myself the 10 other methods. There's a shake & bake style recipe using lithium from Energizer batteries and ammonium nitrate from instant cold packs ( other sources of ammonium ion can be used,) in a 1 liter soda bottle that is my choice for stealthiness. It's sealed during reaction so no smell, no lab ware, needs no heat, a lier soda bottle is inconspicuous.....

Lordoftheshard 2

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hypophosphorous acid iodine and eph/ pseudo synth

btcboss2022

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
The problem here is obtain large amounts of eph or pseudo

btcboss2022

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I know so wont be suitable for commercial scale if precursors are not available. But ok good info thanks.

mark82green

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hey guys is it possible to get some advice on something regarding the method using hypophosphorous acid iodine and ephidrene. I have all these ingredients available to me in large amounts and I have used this method for many years now however I have always used pseudoephedrine now i have ephedrine and from everything I've researched it tells me that you have to increase the amount of acid and iodine to make a stronger reduction I have read that instead of the usual 1:1:1 it's 1:2:2 and even 1:3:3 1 part ephidrine 2 iodine 2 hypophosphorous acid when you use ephedrine is anybody here able to give me a clear understanding of a method using the ingredients I've just mentioned please

PNicole

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Sourcing ephedrine is difficult. It has previously been the most counterfeit and problematic precursor to deal with. I knew of a few stories of 25 kg drums with the bottom portion adulterated with repercussions on all ends.

Maybe it is a different situation today than in 2004-8 ? If you are certain you have the proper ephedrine and its economically viable, this is absolutely the easiest method for larger scale.

If you are not so sure, go P2P