Question Generic wash cocaine to remove as much adulterant as possible

cubesquare

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi there clever people.

I have cut back on my cocaine consumption massively and am going through a bout of exploring what the psychedelic world has to offer. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have ended up with a batch of cocaine froom three different sources totaling 20g.

Not a lot, but also I don't need that much so I thought I would use this as an opportunity to learn about washing adulterants out of cocaine (if I ruin this I won't lose sleep as I do not sell and I have cut my usage down almost completely).

I found this: http://bbzzzsvqcrqtki6umym6itiixfhn...onion/threads/cocaine-recrystallisation.4178/
Specifically:

@G.Patton mentions this is the only way to purify the cocaine.

Is that true across multiple sources?

I also found this: http://bbzzzsvqcrqtki6umym6itiixfhn...phenyltetrahydroimidazothiazole-mixtures.375/
(also by @G.Patton )

And it got me to thinking that I don't know what adulterants are used for any of these packets, some are "Bolivian", others are "Columbian Coconut" etc...

Would the a/b extraction above work for all of these, or am I likely to mess it up and rather do it one "group" at a time?
Or do I start with a simple non-polar solvent wash series? Whats the quickest, simplest win?

I am a long way from being comfortable doing the a/b as above, so will be researching this for a long time while getting appropriate equipment and extractors, I don't fancy a house filled with the smell of aceone or hands burned by hydrochloric acid. (getting some bits also as I need to convert 5-MeO-DMT HCL to freebase which I have to get done by February so in full learning mode)

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, I would recommend you to follow Cocaine testing protocol and determine your cocaine pollutants. Then, in case your product contain benzocaine, proparacaine, lidocaine, it will be hard to purify your product. There is only column chromatography washing way. In case your product spoiled with levamisole, it will be much easy to clean up.

cubesquare

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Thank you for this - I have ordered some kits and will use this opportunity to learn more about how these things are packed together and therefore what I can do to cut some of them out.

darkmatter7

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I'll just extend this thread.
I'm looking to clean up 1g of cocaine. It's not fully water-soluble. I want to filter out whatever insoluble thing is in here. I'm okay with leaving this 1g C in water-solution at the end of this.
Ideas?

I was thinking dissolve in an oral-syringe, then push it through a cotton. Again, I'm not expecting not trying to do a perfect purification.
What do you think?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You can dissolve it in cold water (about 3-4 ml) and filter. Caffeine and part of lidocaine are hardly soluble in cold water.

View previous replies…

cubesquare

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
@darkmatter7

Don't leave it in the water. It breaks down into non-psychoactrive molecules quite rapidly so unless you use it all in one night, you will end up with nasty, useless water

darkmatter7

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hmm. Seems to hold at 90% 1 month later though...

cubesquare

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The PH changes quite rapidly at room temperature so this might make it painful to snort but yeah, that is an interesting study, thank you!

darkmatter7

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
^ due to having only 1g, mainly trying to avoid loss from transferring/filtering/etc. -- what's called? mechanical loss or something?

I have ethanol and acetone, but I'm not going to bother making anhydrous versions of it. So given what I have, what's my best option?

bblanco

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Can’t you just use the washing method with acetone as you can do with amphetamine sulfate? I know it’s not removing everything if your stuff is cutt with not everything it should go immediately in the trash can.. you can turn into freebase with ammonia, but also did Roel remove all the things they could have cut with.. boiling on I mean, do the same process when it’s freebase only with water you can upgrade the taste a little if it was cut with caffeine mannitol or inositol.. staff cut with levamisole kind of rubbish then better go back to the guy and let him digest it all add once and in the meantime, get your money out of his wallet plus some interest

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Since the OP says, " generic wash" I'll give you this. Distilled water. 3x chloroform wash. 1/3 chloro: water ratio, vigorously shaken, then the chloroform decanted/syphoned/ separated. Shown by HPLC to remove levamisole/tetramisole in 15% concentration at least. C remains in polar. Another variation from the same document suggests an even more efficacious method is distilled polar, 3x hexane wash, THEN neutralization of the HCl, and 3x extraction with hexane. HCL bubbled through causing precipitation.But hey, that sounds like a stb with a defat, , not a generic wash. It removed 15% leva/ tetra in only the second defat. A big mistake is to heat it up because any form of sugar (dextrose, lactose, glucose ECT.) Will turn into not laughy taffy which is hard to strip. Acetone is less than the ideal solvent because A. It misces with polar, and 2, cocaine is slightly soluble in it, so you're guaranteed to lose product.