Preparation of methamphetamine by phenylalanine method

hacke8

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Prepare reagents: 1-phenylalanine (D/L) optional 2-Sodium carbonate (sodium hydroxide) optional 3-Dimethyl sulfate (methyl iodide) optional 4-Ammonia (for washing reactants) 5-DMF (used to extract reactants) I know the reagents required, but I don’t know the reaction temperature and molar ratio of the reagents. The process is: 1-phenylalanine undergoes decarboxylation under alkaline conditions, 2-Split the flow to obtain amphetamine 3-Amphetamine is then methylated using dimethyl sulfate 4- Wash with ammonia 5-Extraction with DMF This is some information I found on the Internet. I searched some questions on Google. It should be possible to perform this procedure. Chemists with reagents are welcome to operate the process and publish your results.

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
I've made, years and years ago DL-Phenylalaninol, and it looked like speed and smelled like good nasty street speed.
If I had done the HI reduction to that, maybe ... I believe that there are good UG chemists here who would know how to do the job easier than described in the Rhodium archives. I think this is a good place to start a proper discussion. At least I'm fascinated by different ideas on how to reduce it to amphetamine by different means.