Reasonable way of synthesizing amphetamine with (mostly) homemade equipment?

KlintoL

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I know proper lab ware exists for a reason, but I've seen people swear on the fact its possible without. Is that really so and would anyone care to share their methods?

Gathering lab eq just seems a bit intimidating right now in terms of opsec, finding the right stuff and paying for it. But I do intend on getting some in the future!

Thanks for any advice!

WinterDust

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Hi,

It is not optimal to go outside of labware to do syntheses because household items/equipment are not made to withstand corrosion, temperature differences and pressure in some cases.

So you are basically taking a large risk on your health and sorounding.

With that said, you can basically just read in the forum synthesis what equipment is needed and use something similar, not really hard. If it states that you need a 500mL beaker, just use a stainless pot or a glas jar.

Again, I do not condone this way of operation it's hazadous and unsafe. Best of luck

KlintoL

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

wouldnt acids corrode stainless steel?

I think you are right though and I will try to get the most essential stuff.

10L RBF, 5L RBF, heating mantle, condensor, thermometer, vacuum pump and some additional beakers

I would want to do an amphetamine synthesis from p2np with sodium borohydrate and CuCl². Would I be good to go with this? Also if i didnt get the vacuum pump, I would be left to either distill the IPA or let it evaporate on its own? But distilling it would probably be too hot and letting it evaporate is wasting the IPA..

WinterDust

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Hi,

Yes they will, this is why I made this statement and gave you two options of substitution.

Go inside the synthesis report and read, there is a list of all the equipment needed for this synthesis and steps of how to go about.

No, you don't need the vacuum pump if you don't want to vacuum distill or vacuum filtrate.

You should not evaporate ipa in an open container, the amphetaminoil will oxidize in open air and there is a larger risk for explosion, well since, you a evaporating a flammable solvent into the open air.

Best regards

KlintoL

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Alright, I will do some more reading, before asking. Thanks for answering :)