simple synthesis of amphetamine

strannik

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Good afternoon! I apologize in advance for my English. To date, a new precursor has appeared that allows the production of amphetamine in just 1 hour. This precursor is alpha-methylprepanamide. CAS: 7499-19-6
6xFuRi5p4f

Sodium Hydroxide(Alkali) 3kg Bromine 1.5kg(0.5l) Petroleum ether 1L Acetone 5L Sulfuric acid hcl 1L Litmus We take 3 kg of alkali (sodium hydroxide), dissolve in 3 liters of water, the reaction is esothermic, we pour not all at once but gradually, the water may boil. Then we cool the alkali solution. Attention!!! Before the reaction, it is necessary to cool the alkali solution to a temperature of about 0 degrees Celsius! It is necessary to work with stirring - reactor, agitator, etc.! Slowly pour 0.5 liters of bromine into an alkali solution cooled to 0 degrees, while the solution must necessarily remain colorless or yellowish, after adding the entire volume of bromine, pour propanamide into the solution and slowly heat it while stirring. At a temperature of 80-90 degrees, a reaction occurs, the solution becomes cloudy due to the released base. Stir for another 5-7 minutes, cool to room temperature, pour 1 liter of petroleum ether, continue stirring. Separate the upper ethereal layer. Next, it is standard to acidify with sulfuric acid, that is, pour a little bit or drip sulfuric acid until the pH becomes 5.5-5, if it thickens, you can dilute with acetone. After that, we squeeze the resulting mixture through a vacuum and rinse the powder with acetone.

Bromine can be replaced with sodium hypochloride

Last edited:

strannik

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
correction
CAS 7499-19-6 Benzene Propanamide (2-methyl-3-phenylpropanamide)

2NaOH + Br2 → NaBr + NaBrO + H2O
sodium hypobromide can be replaced with sodium hypochloride

Last edited:

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Almost. It is Benzenepropanamide, a-methyl- you would be missing the methyl group on the chain with Benzene Propanamide, CAS and 2-methyl-3-phenylpropanamide is correct though. Looks a lot like phenylalanine...

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Me stupid, this looks like the Amide from Helional of course. If the Hoffman degradation wasn't such a pain...

花谢花开

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello, do you have any recipe for making 7499-19-6?