3-CMC in a 100L reactor, what route is most efficient and/or easiest?

bubbler

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hi,

If i want to do 3-CMC in a 100L reactor with chilling/heating system, what synthesis is best for that scale? And do i need to choose between easy OR cheap reaction or is there a middle-way to get a bit of both?

What would the ratio of the chems be to run the reactor at max capacity in one batch?

Thanks

Reactions: $!$

bubbler

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Would be happy if the forum oldtimers gave me some input as well =) I did see that @William Dampier have given some pointers on cmc reactions, @G.Patton as well. I have also seen @The-Hive in some discussions. =) Hope to get the discussion going.

I have read the threads where 100g batches of 3-cmc are discussed but would now like to get some pointers to do it in a reactor as well in a more professional manner.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, the best way from 3'-chloro-2-bromopropiophenone, direct substitution nucleophilic, similar as with 4-mmc. Have you get 3-cmc by small scale batch?

bubbler

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
When it comes to solvent i think i would prefer DCM due to easy access unless you say otherwise?

The-Hive

Moderator in UK section
Resident
Reaction score
There’s loads off different methods it’s what suites you best and what chemicals you can get @Netflix does 100g batch with 300ml DCM shake and bake style or ethyl acetate instead off DCM shorter reaction time

View previous replies…

bubbler

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, lets get the discussion going =)

"There’s loads of different methods, it’s what suites you best" thats why i came here to try to figure out together what would suit me best in this batch scale so i would be super appreciative with some more ideas and input regarding this.. I think i will need to discuss or at least understand the up/downsides of the different reaction routes before i can decide what would be right for me.

So DCM compared to what takes longer time? I have seen a lot of information scattered regarding CMC so now i will try to get everything into this tread.

The-Hive

Moderator in UK section
Resident
Reaction score
Follow @Netflix that’s the Easiest method. You can all so look into Questions and answers section where you will find a lot more information