Question Amphetamine burning in the nose

papug

Don't buy from me
Language
🇵🇱
Reaction score
Hello.
I recently bought some speed paste from a local supplier. The paste had a sweetish alcoholic smell. The paste was dried but the sweetish smell remained. The powder works really well, doses of 50-100 mg are enough. There is just one problem. The powder burns the nose a lot. So I did a test. 100 mg dissolved in 10 ml of water. It dissolved easily, microscopically cloudy, almost transparent. We measure the pH: 10! High pH is a probable cause of nose burning. And now the question: what could have gone wrong? Can it be reduced with home methods?
Best regards

The-Hive

Moderator in UK section
Resident
Reaction score
Water and amphetamine sulfate The pH adjusted to not less than 12.5 using 50% sodium hydroxide

Jimmyjohn48

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Dissolve everything in distilled water. Use minimal water as possible. Helps to warm the water. Place it in the freezer for an hour or so. The caffeine content will be visible so you can filter some of it out. Test the PH again anything over 4 add a couple drops of HCL acid mixing well until the PH is down to 3-4. Next add 1/2 volume DCM or petroleum ether to the water and mix well. The solvent must be pure )anhydrous). Extract the solvent. If using dcm it will be the bottom layer. Ether will be top layer. Using a dropper, or sep funnel. Glass is always better. Once you have your water layer separated do an acid base extraction. There is very clear instructions on here if you’re unfamiliar with an ABE.