B-Nitrostyrene’s questions….

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Okay so I understand that 2c-h freebase is not stable and I am someone who is going through benzo withdrawals and so I will admit there can be some time between doing certain steps….
I have some 2,5-DMOBA and iv been gathering everything I need to turn it into 2c-h and then from there a whole potential rainbow of products…
I have been prepping for this one for a while and it’s taken me a while to source all the shit I need.
I’m just curious, how stable is the b-nitrostyrene? Could I do that step, then store it as is for a few days before reduction without issue?
I actually even sourced a little LAH, which should be cool. Oh and the ethlenediamine I have coming should be useful in this as well.
Having taken such a long time to gather and start to look at anything other than tryptamine reductive aminations, I don’t want to make the styrene and then come back to find it fucked!
I would probably vacuum pack it anyway but yeah. I should really do that more - should have done it with my n,n-DMT when I made it, it may not have gone red…lol it’s only a couple of grams but still. Weird.
Anyway yeah anyone who has done the synth either a la shulgin with the ammonium acetate or even if you’ve done it using ethlenediamine as the catalyst, chime in here and let me know what I’m in for! Ta

FENTAMAS

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
2C-H is far more stable than beta-nitrostyrene, as a freebase it will slowly absorb CO2 from the air and partially will be contaminated with it's carbonate salt, but that is only in case of free contact with air, if tightly closed and stored in fridge, you can wait many years before do something more interesting from it, if you're patient enough of course.
Alternatively convert in to HCl salt for the long storage, moreover it can be directly brominated later even in salt form.
Recrystallized or pure enough nitrostyrenes also can be stored pretty long time in a fridge in tightly closed glass bottles or vials, or even better in a sealed ampoules.