BENZYLCYANİD (PHENYLACETONİTRİL) TO AMPHETAMİNSULFAT

ossi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
hello,

can an expert perhaps write a synthesis route with the substances listed below?
it's well suited for big scale, and I think it's interesting for a lot of people here

all reagents are cheap and easy to get

• Benzylcyanid (Phenylacetonitril)
  • sulfuruc acid
  • lead acetate trihydrate (or other alternatives)
  • formamide
  • formic acid
  • HCİ
  • Sodium hydroxide

thanks in advance
ossi

Hank Schrader

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The easiest way for you to use phenylacetonitrile is to get APAAN. Phenylacetonitrile you need to reflux in methanol with sodium methylate, after 6 hours of reflux you need to drive off all the methanol and dissolve all the precipitate in water, and add glacial acetic acid while cooling. The precipitated APAAN was washed several times with water and recrystallized in methanol. The resulting white crystal you need to hydrolyze in acid (phosphoric or hydrochloric) get 860 ml P2P from 1 liter of phenylacetonitrile.

The pyrolysis process that you want to do anyway requires phenylacetic acid, and to get it you need to hydrolyze benzyl cyanide anyway.
I would not go with the method you want and would use APAAN.
Although in our time there are simpler methods than APAAN and pyrrolysis of phenylacetic salts ..

As far as I can see, you want to use the leukart reaction to make amphetamine.
The reaction takes a lot of time and if you want to do a large production, then go the other way.
See low pressure hydrogenation using metal catalysts.

A lot of product can be produced with Leukart, but the reaction requires understanding and a lot of time.
And as a rule, the output of a beginner will not exceed 50% by molar mass per ketone for a long time.

ossi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
thank you for the detailed answer.
The problem is that what you can teach yourself as a layman is limited.
in the country where i am right now, these substances are used in mass production. but nobody teaches me that here.
i'm looking for a leuckart method for a large scale with materials that you can also get. I would manage this method.
I can easily get the materials I mentioned above.
and 50% is very good for me.

yuiopjkl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I found this

Jordan Belfort

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Replace THF with nitromethane and methanol on 50/50% aezotrope.

Either you take an suitable solvent, THF, or nitromethane(but you have to check if it's isn't hardcore generating methylamine), and add magnesium shavings and let them react with iodomethane till magnesium shavings fully dissolve.
This is only to make your methylmagnesium iodide.

Now you have 1 pot synthese to methamphetamine without methylamine and you can distill all solvents and reuse.

Doing this onepot like with Hg/Al Ga/Al will probably be to exothermic and make a fucking mess. I suggest you drop slowly the ketone on it.

I must tell you this ratio works for BMK with ultrasound.

Jordan Belfort

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Oh you may want to increase the pH of the grignard with pure caustic soda to 8-9.

caesare.robot

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Q is also interested if someone has positive response on this method ...

Hank Schrader

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
This is a useless synthesis. Grignard reagent, huge amounts of solvents. This is if only for scientific interest, then you can do it 1 time no more. For commercial synthesis is of no value.

Having benzyl cyanide, it is very easy to obtain phenylacetic acid, and on an industrial scale to do pyrrolysis of salts, the yield is not the highest, but very convenient. The final product will have a mixture of three ketones that are easy to fractionate.

Jordan Belfort

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Grignard reagents actually are good. Especially if you add zinc chloride also.

If you use ultrasound you don't need anhydrous reagents.

ossi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
i would be infinitely grateful if you would write me a synthesis with these reagents. but for an amateur :)
40%-50% yield is ok @Hank Schrader

ossi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
sorry, I must have overlooked it, although I read a lot here