Brokerages Marketplaces and Exchanges - Updates For mid 2024?

KurtV989

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I've been going through the Crypto section looking for info on good exchanges and Marketplaces with low KYC

My most recent BTC transaction has a hold on it. AGAIN.. I've tried Kraken, CoinBase and until now was having luck with PayPal. I could purchase and immediately send to my Brave wallet. CoinBase and Kraken had me waiting a full 7 days before I could touch it, PayPal at least is shorter at 72hrs but still, ridiculous.

I haven't seen anyone mention Holds? Who else is dealing with this and how are you dealing with it?

A lot of the info here is starting to get stale what with all the recent crack-downs on low KYC in Markets and not really sure what's happening with Monero since MyMonero is shutting down.

What are y'all's methods ~today~?

I'm not adverse to purchasing Monero after checking its recent rates and knowing its higher security. A lot more of you in the Market are accepting it than before I joined up with BB too. MyMonero alternative? Is it still a reliable coin? Do we see it living through '25?

I'll take any other tips or tricks you've been utilizing this year!

miner21

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I sometimes coinbase to buy regular crypto. I vaguely remember there being a hold on a bank transfer I think? I believe I added a debit card and that changed it, but I dont have holds at all anymore with bank or debit card purchases. Cash app and uphold I have used as well.

XMR is great. I like to buy a coin with cheap transaction fees, then send it to Cake wallet and exchange it there

KurtV989

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Thanks for your input sir I've seen a few mention Cake wallet now so I will check it out

miner21

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Best of luck my man

MiloMikelusky

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Do some research on Ahmia. There is a site to exchange BTC for USDT or USDT for BTC. This is my best way to get BTC without KYC.
I buy USDT with KYC normally and I trade it on this site which makes the BTC that I get intracable. You can use a wallet like Electrum to store BTC.

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
I have used Exodus to make purchases then swapped to monero then sent that to cake wallet. Fees add up but depending on the crypto you buy at first it isnt too bad. BC is usually more than like litecoin. It is a pain in the ass but I have never had a hold, a problem or issue except for the very first time for the verification bs. But Cake wallet is pretty nice cause you dont need any signup BS and you can make a new wallet for every transaction etc. I tried Kraken once. They can suck my ass!

KurtV989

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
That's a sound system you've got set up there Friend, just waiting for the hold to finish (about 3 days) and my BTC value is already down 6 bucks.. Way too volatile, it still feels like 2016 crypto-ing lol. I really hope Monero is able to stay relevant long term because it is so much less 'up or down' than BTC consistently. Consistency is really important to most of us I'd wager.

Kraken is such trash!! The GLITZLYest, slickest site and app, services themselves though are a complete dumpster-fire... A few months ago I got hit with a $60 FEE for transferring, the UI was so fucking hard to read I couldn't even tell until after it happened... TRAAAASH

prophet

See my products
Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
Yea, the BC really goes up and down so much and it is less secure considering the public blockchain where anyone can go on and if they take enough time and effort could link a person to illegal activities if they wanted to. Of course that is really only a concern if LE or perhaps the IRS takes an interest and honestly I think I am more concerned with the IRS considering all the regualtory BS they are trying to do with crypto now. As far as I know XMR is our best option outside of cash, and hopefully it gets better. As far as Exodus goes, they do tend to have high fees when you want to sell but I try not to sell any if I dont have too, I just reinvest in something and sell local for cash to clean it up but when you need it fast sometimes there isnt much of a choice.

MiloMikelusky

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
XMR may be there best option but not everyone accepts it. I talked about a method a little earlier on this post. Basically, it comes out of the BTC from the Bitcoin blockchain. I don't know how but after using this method, my transactions no longer appear on the blockchain even if we use the hash your transaction to trace.