Difference between methamphetamine HCl, Sulfate or Phosphate?

hirozaru

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I'm reading that pharmaceutical methamphetamine is often a sulfate or a phosphate?
Are those similar in effect, maybe not for someone who needs to make smokable crystal, but for someone who wants to use orally ?

How easy it is to turn the freebase into a sulfate or a phosphate?

And, about producing HCl, is there an easy way to use sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid at 10% concentration without the extra concentration step ?

RWG13

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇷🇺
Reaction score
The most easy way is dissolve meth freebase in small amount of coleman fuel (in ratio 1:10 ~)
Prepare the acid solution: 1 ml of concentrated sulphuric or orthophosphatic acid 9 ml of pure IPA. And add this solution drop by drop. Add slowly and stir. In same moment you see some white powder in the fuel solution. Add until 5-6 pH.
After then filter, wash with acetone and filter another time. Good luck.

hirozaru

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
this is very helpful and interesting. just to make sure I understand correctly.

after doing the shake&bake method, I ended up with solution of coleman fuel with meth freebase in it.

on the side, I prepare the new acid solution with 9ml pure IPA and 1ml or either sulphuric or orthophosphatic acid.

I slowly add this new solution into my reaction solution and the meth freebase will turn into an HCl powder?

would 10% hydrochloric acid works as well? by the way, the only sulfuric acid I can buy is 10% as well.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with the 10% hcl. What you need to keep in mind is every ml of water you put in will dissolve a gram of meth, so you have to keep the water and evaporate it or extract the meth hcl back out (or lose it) that's the beauty of gassing it, no water. I assume sulfuric acid diluted in nonpolar would be the second choice. My H²SO⁴ is 95+% and that is too strong to add undiluted

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
It's all the same reactions. A protonation. It's exactly the same besides what lewis acid you use, assuming you are adding it instead of gassing it. Never seen a phosphate or sulfate via gassing