Help with pseudoephedrine extraction

pugzarmyl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I have pills that contain 60mg of Pseudoephedrine HCl, Tripolidine HCl 2.5mg, Corn Starch, Lactose Monohydrate, Povidone and Magnesium Stearate. Do I need to do an A/B extraction on the pills or can I just dissolve them in ethanol, filter it and evaporate it?

SoldadoDeDrogas

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I believe alcohol will pull the triprolidine along with the pseudo. Also if you base it, the triprolidine will convert to oil along with the pseudo, and of course, will precipitate along with the pseudo upon gassing.
I haven't done this myself because I always make sure to get pills with pseudo as the only active ingredient, but I think if you did one or the other, you can get those two amines on their own and then figure out how to seperate them. Someone mentioned in another post about the "smurf dope" was a different color because it contained antihistamines. It was suggested that chlorinated break cleaner aka trichloroethylene could work possibly? This will dissolve either one or the other and you can filter out the solid.

I spent a good amount of time looking up these different solubility properties for different ingredients of pill compositions both active and inactive. These two are particularly difficult to seperate from each other, I can't seem to find much information. If you are unable to find the right solvents to isolate them, I am thinking if you converted them to base oil and then did a fractional distillation, that would probably be the best and most simple way to go...

2.5mg is pretty insignificant as far as impurity or contamination in any event. 40 pills = 2.4g of PSE and ~100mg of triprolidine, so, if left in with the product it may be noticible, but I doubt it will be a deal-breaker...
I hope one of the experts can throw their two cents in.... I would love a solution, or any suggestions to solve this dilemma myself.. to be able to confront simillar problems.
Good luck,
o7

pugzarmyl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I was actually more worried about separating the pseudo from the binders then from the tripolidine. If the tripolidine only makes the meth a different color and doesnt change the effects then I am fine with it, if its really a deal breaker I could get trichloroethylene but I think that it won't be that noticable if the tripolidine is left. I unfortunately don't have access to pills that contain pseudo as the only active ingredient.

SoldadoDeDrogas

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I think you'll be just fine with alcohol as far as seperating the pseudo and the binders. Ethanol should work no problem, I like to use methanol myself. I hear good things about IPA. Whichever one you pick, just make sure it is pure and anhydrous - no water. I don't think the triprolidine will pose any problems, but yeah, you got it - just do your alcohol pulls, filter and evaporate and it should be good to go. You all set to do a HI or a SnB? Let me know how it works out.

o/

SoldadoDeDrogas

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Correction - TETRAchrloroethylene See: "The tetra trap" for extracting pills.

Lsd1312

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇩🇪
Reaction score
Wie löse ich das pseudo ephdrin aus reactine Duo und rhinopront Tabletten ?

SoldadoDeDrogas

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
USE ENGLISH IN THE FUTURE PLEASE. But here:
Pillen zerkleinern und in Methanol oder Isopropylalkohol auflösen. Feststoffe filtrieren und erneut 2 oder 3 Mal waschen. Feste Stoffe wegwerfen und Alkohol verdampfen. Wenn der Alkohol weg ist, bleiben Pseudo- und Triprolidin. Ich kenne keinen einfachen Weg, um das Triprolidin herauszubekommen - vielleicht Tetrachlorethylen? (siehe "Die TETRA-Falle" für Details) Aber ich denke, es wird in Ordnung sein, es mit Reaktion zu verwenden, das Meth könnte nur mit etwas Antihistaminikum ein wenig "schmutzig" sein.