indole 3-acetate (IAA) extraction or synthesis for MS supplement

GaryR

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hi,
Could the forum help me with information on:
Indole 3-acetate (IAA) extraction or synthesis for MS supplement.

I have had MS for 25years.
Make what I cannot obtain, interest in Science.

Just reading about Indole 3-acetate now,
As a side note, I am blending and consuming Coconut and Cod Liver Oil.
If Indole 3-acetate can be somehow extracted from a source, it would be good to incorporate if possible.

What is rich in Indole 3-acetate and how can I create my own supply at home.

Thanks,
Gary

GaryR

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Correction, should be indole 3-lactate.
How would you go about making a supplement with commercially sourced ILA?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, what do you name "MS supplement"?

GaryR

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Impact of Indole 3 Lactate Supplementation in Multiple Sclerosis Animal Models

I am starting from scratch with basic bush mechanic skills.
There is not much I cannot do with enough time, but that is the issue with degenerative disease.
As you would know, its hard to get information from Medical Profession or Chemical Suppliers.

I want to live.

Not claiming this is of value but perhaps you can help me understand more.
The best I have so far is found in the data on chemical suppliers sites:

How to prepare the stock solution?
Please select a suitable solvent to prepare the concentrated stock solution according to the experiment requirements. Solubility information can be found on the product page of our website. For in-vitro experiments, DMSO is often used as the solvent.
The stock solution is then diluted to make a working solution (e.g., 1:1000 dilution in cell culture medium).

Here are some recommendations for dissolving the product:
(1) Recalculate the concentration of the stock solution according to the following formula: Actual Concentration (mg/mL) = Molecular Weight (g/mol) x Concentration (mM) x 10-3

(2) Check to see if the solvent has been contaminated,e.g., DMSO absorbs moisture.

(3) Some compounds are difficult to dissolve due to their structure and chemical characteristics and may require additional mixing such as vortexing or ultrasonication. When necessary, heating the compound may also help in the dissolution process. But remember not to heat the compound higher than 45℃ to prevent altering the product.

How to store the product?
Store at -20℃ or -80℃ Aliquot stock solution to routine usage volumes and store at -20℃ or -80℃ . Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.

How to prepare the working solution?
(1) Calculate the dilution required by using our dilution calculator.

(2) Slowly add the stock solution into the solvent until the desired concentration is obtained.
Mix by vortexing or repeated pipetting.

(3) If precipitation is present in the working solution, allow the working solution to stand for 10 minutes,vortex or pipette mixing and then recheck.

(4) Our compounds are mostly liposoluble. Precipitation may be present when diluted using aqueous solvents such as cell culture medium or PBS A complete dissolution can be achieved by ultrasonication.

What should I pay attention to for cell-based assays?
DMSO is used to prepare the stock solution in most cell-based assays. The stock solution is diluted in the culture medium to prepare a working solution. Make sure the concentration of DMSO is <=0.1% to avoid poisoning the cells Usually, the negative control in the experiment is the culture medium with DMSO at the same concentration.

What should I pay attention to for animal experiments?
(1) Our compounds are mostly liposoluble. If DMSO is used to prepare the stock solution and then diluted to prepare the working solution for animal experiments, it may not be possible to obtain the required doses. Instead, hydrotropic agents, such as sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC-Na), Tween 80, or glycerol, are needed.

ALxKTmQFXW

For example, to convert the dose used in a mouse(20m/kg) to the dose used for a 1.5kg Rabbit:
Group A Animal: mouse; Group B Animal: Rabbit;
Conversion Coefficient:
0.37 The dose used in the Rabbit would be 1.5kg*(0.37*20mg/kg) =11.1mg.

GaryR

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
The experimental findings for Indole-3-Lactic Acid may have emanated in part from knowledge of Bifidobacterium longum 35624®, a microbiota product that is said to result in Indole-3-Lactic Acid through oxidation process.
Of course, I am attacking the problem from every angle including vitamin D, K, coconut and cod liver oil, etc.

Another angle is fermentation, such process is partly described for Lactiplantibacillus plantarum ZJ316 and pickled mustard, or milk:

Use of Lactiplantibacillus plantarum ZJ316 as a starter culture for nitrite degradation, foodborne pathogens inhibition and microbial community modulation in pickled mustard fermentation.

Lactiplantibacillus plantarum ZJ316–fermented milk ameliorates dextran sulfate sodium–induced chronic colitis by improving the inflammatory response and regulating intestinal microbiota

Some microbiota, or balance it creates can make MS a lot worse
Besides this Lactiplantibacillus plantarum ZJ316 is not available, I have no children LOL.
-------------------------------------

The results using commercial Bifidobacterium longum 35624®capsules for Multiple Sclerosis are specific to the microbiota balance it creates.

So another area of interest is, could Bifidobacterium longum 35624®capsules, be used in a fermentation process to create enriched foods?

Last edited: