Methamphetamine after resolution, recrystallization problem

@wangxiaolin777

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I dissolve the powder in dichloromethane, why is the dichloromethane not finished volatilizing is a crystal, volatilizing is finished, dry is a powder

Attachments

• kvOJpz2rF9.jpg
    kvOJpz2rF9.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 42
  • WUaliCYPMT.jpg
    WUaliCYPMT.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 34

hacke8

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
1. Dichloromethane has low solubility to methyl hydrochloride and cannot be completely dissolved.
2 The boiling point of dichloromethane is relatively low, and the evaporation is too fast to form large crystals, and will only appear as crystalline powders.
3. Clean the hydrochloride before recrystallization, (acetone, ether, dry and cold)
4. It is recommended to use - acetone: water, acetone: ethanol, acetone: methanol, ethanol: water, methanol: water, for recrystallization.
Water can slow down evaporation, acetone can reduce solubility, and alcohol can form better crystals.

@wangxiaolin777

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Teacher, my hydrochloride is clean. I extracted it by petroleum ether and breathed it into hydrogen chloride gas, then dried it. Is pure ethanol OK? Or can you tell us the procedure

View previous replies…

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
There is an icon of video tutorial with detailed write up on THE MAIN PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE.
X8VgOnX3Uq

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
It's up to you. If you need crystalline form of meth.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Because you didn't do it correctly. You just add the solvent and then evaporated that. It's not a recrystallization procedure, which is known as purification method.