Resolution of phenylethylamines using L-carboxilic acids [video]

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Hi guys, recently @ImOutAlso asked to sponsor a video regarding the optical separation of amphetamines using L-tartaric acid, so I decided to publish it with his accord for the members of BB.

Separation is done this time with L-malic acid but I have tested a number of chiral carboxy acids: lactic, aspartic, mandelic, glutamic. These all work along with a cartload more.The L-acids are worked with according to this video, while D-acids are used according to the method presented by Patton in another thread.

I will attach a very useful document, listing chiral resolving agents, while it's non exhaustive it's a good start for anybody interested in chiral resolutions.

Without further ado please enjoy and excuse small spills and inefficiencies, this is just as a proof of concept!

Download Video

Attachments

• 9PpBfWUaIc.pdf
    562.1 KB · Views: 897
Last edited by a moderator:

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Thank you for your video and efforts! I think I can say that BB Forum community is appreciate it.

P.S. I'll add cross-links to similar theme topics.

kitboy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇪🇸
Reaction score
I have several questions, let's see if I can comment on them. I have pure L-lactic acid
1. I dissolve amphetamine in water proportion 1.1 and extract its base
2. extract amphetamine base with ether
3. evaporate ether to leave only the amphetamine base and dissolve it in the acid
4. D-amphetamine does not dissolve and is extracted with ether
5. recrystallization.

For recrystallization, can I use IPA alcohol or some substitute for acetone? It's hard to find pure acetone where I live because it can make explosives.