What about MethylAmine...

Ditonator228

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello everyone, coming back from the fact that a 40% solution of mm is prohibited in many, is it possible to use a 37% solution of mm with a synthesis of MMM, which will change in the process of synthesis, is it necessary to increase the amount of some other reagents or to add new ones? ?

Sassypants

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
who needs Methylamine anyways?

MDMA Synthesis by Reductive Amination of MDP2P
Using Aluminum Amalgam and Nitromethane​

Who Needs Methylamine Anyway?​

The following procedure may prove to be one of the largest advances in the field of MDMA chemistry since the perfection and dissemination of the Wacker oxidation procedure for producing MDP2P. This reaction is based on a published process that somehow has escaped discovery by underground chemistry until now. Methylamine is no longer a stumbling block in the aluminum amalgam reductive alkylation method of producing MDMA as this procedure produces this impossible to obtain and fickle to make material, in situ, during the reductive alkylation of MDP2P to MDMA from very common nitromethane. Nitromethane when subjected to the simplest of reductions forms methylamine, so why not make methylamine at the same time MDMA is being produced instead of going through the hassle of making it separately?

Nitromethane is a very common material. Just go down to your local drag strip and pick up a gallon or two for doping your high performance car’s fuel. It’s also available up to 40% pure in RC model fuels. Simply fractionally distill the nitromethane (bp 101°C) out of the model fuel mixture and you’re ready to go. If methanol is present in the fuel formulation, some will azeotropically distill over with the nitromethane lowering its boiling point slightly, but this does not present a problem.

So, how does this whole thing work? It’s as simple as it sounds. An alcoholic solution of nitromethane and MDP2P is dripped into a mass of amalgamated aluminum immersed in alcohol first reducing the nitromethane to methylamine, allowing the Schiff base of the amine and ketone to form which is further reduced to the desired MDMA.

Sassypants

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
However if only 37% of methylamine. You could either distill it, make methylamine gas from it. You could add something that is soluble with water or the solvent it is in and not methylamine. ( I assume it is water) .

You could also adjust the molar amount of methylamine to be slightly excess for the missing 3%. No I won't calculate for you

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah, just go500 ml÷37 ×40=540. Change 500 to the amount you are using. It's already60% water so being 63% water isn't goingnto matter

Sassypants

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Thanks Frit.

Sadly my biggest weakpoints are usually visualizing nomenclature, I need it drawn out to usually understand. and mol calculations. I could do mol but I don't wanna fuck it up it's been so long, I don't want to check my math.

View previous replies…

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Stoichiometry can be damn tricky, but this particular thing is as easy as I said. Take the amount of 40% in the recipe, multiply it by 0.4, then divide it by .37 100ml ×40=4000 ÷37=108.1. A recipe calling for 100ml of 40% uses 108.1 ml of 37% for the same amount of molecules

Sassypants

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Yeah no I get that. That I could calculate easily, but I kinda forgot how to calculate stoichiometry because, it's been like highschool and this is more learn hobby after highschool and don't wanna do anything illegal but I do know how to find exotic shit like safrole or nitroethane that has been NMR tested, it's around and for any one inquiring, no . I'm sure if I took a bit I could learn it againbut I remember you have to get the mol weight of the partial substance if I remember correctly? But ya I guess your right in this case it isn't really matter.

However, I really had to say people need to forget learning how it's "recipes" and how it all links together. I do want to say PROPS for him asking is it necessary to increase the amount of some other reagents or to add new ones? But he did forget to ask will time be effected, the temp, stir rate etc. Of course this last bit is for him to better prase a question next time.

However there are some educated people on here you and myself included( However, I don't know crap, I'm admittedly all self taught thru Total synthesis 2 and the hive and i've spoke with people with Masters degrees who teach college who go you know better then 3/4 the class I teach and I don't know crap so don't feel bad . I also didn't want to give it out because they really need to "learn the basics" because the recipe they are following might be incorrect, and they should independently verify the stoichiometry is correct.

Otherwise my other username is the REAL ABE LINCOLN on wetdreams, I was former president of the United States before I got shot. In my coma shortly before my death, Hitler passed off this meth recipe from the future. 1 gallon of P2P was added to 1 gallon methylamine XD

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been looking for wetdreams2.ws and wetdreams.ws for literally years. I've posted her e about it. Got a link? I'm not a chemist, just some asshole who has more confidence than education. I've read every post on the hive. Every. One. I've read every entry on the rhodium archive . I've reada lot of the vespiary, drugs.org hyperlab. No one has ever taught me shit directly. I've nearly killed myself 5 times 😄

Sassypants

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
The username was a joke XD

but yes I also read all the same XD