Synthesis of 3,4-methylendioxybenzylmethylketone from piperonal (glycide ester route)(small scale)

Fring

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
thtas what i thought ... and in fact this is real, the problem is due to we were doing the olg GLY conversion and with this new, when we see a tottally differerent result we all thinks there's something wrong, and the key its just vacuum distillation..it losses a small part of water and gives the Ketone... different colour, very dark red or brown

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
The chemical structure of any ester of glycidate consists of the same acid and alcohol. What alcohol was for etherification - such an acid ester. Saponification of ethers with alkali - in all cases, the same.

The typical Darzen reaction uses the ethyl version of the ether.

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Well available in China
Yes, you are now talking about another interesting route. Alpha-methylcinnamic acid is also available in China.

summer_child

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
True , but I always like to think of synthesis pathways that can be completed by going to the local hardware store even if they are less efficient.
Edit: I noticed the picture is my other posts don't show up so I added them here
7hSMPBmKUA
FORulYh0aW

2-79-790125

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
This would be a great one to flesh out for the "Simplest Recipes" project. Perhaps start with listing the CAS# next to each chemical. I don't think any of these starting chemicals are on the watch list in the US............ nice. : )