1-Phenyl-2-nitropropene (P2NP) Video Synthesis From Benzaldehyde and Nitroethane. Henry Reaction.

tankikan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
May i know if Nitromethane is equal to nitroethane?

And is it possible to use this item (as attached screenshot) as n-butylamine? If yes, how would you suggest to proceed?

Attachments

• 0h1LVI52xe.jpg
    0h1LVI52xe.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 1,476
Last edited:

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
Problems with nitroethane in Europe began back in 2007, then gradually all countries put restrictions on this valuable reagent. And now there are two ways: to look for suppliers in countries where there is weak legislation with a developed chemical industry, for example, Bangladesh, or to synthesize independently, the methodology for this we have proposed.

Alojz

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Wodurch kann man Nitroethan ersetzen oder selbst synthetisieren?

mactipo01

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
hello!!
whats is ipa?
and how much methanphetamine can i get with the process?
ty beforhand :)

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
u can replace to cyclohexylamine

Macondor

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hexamethylenetetramine can be use for Piperonal to MDP2NP?

rampage

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi
Not sure if this is the right section but does anyone know if this recipe will work?

Preparation of phenylnitropropanol:
Into a suitable beaker or conical flask place 51mls of benzaldehyde, followed by 33mls of nitroethane,
immediately thereafter add in 30 mls of a 30% potassium carbonate solution, rapidly stir the entire
mixture at room temperature for 2 hrs.
A cold water bath or ice bath may be needed to keep the reaction mixture at ambient temperature
(room temperature) or below. Do not allow the reaction mixture to get above 25 degrees celsius.
After stirring for 2 hrs add to the reaction mixture 200mls of diethyl ether, shortly thereafter add in
90mls of a 10% sodium bisulfite solution and moderately stir the entire reaction mixture for 30 minutes.
Afterwards place the entire reaction mixture into a seperatory funnel and remove the lower aqueous
layer, leave the ether layer in the seperatory funnel and wash the ether layer with 3 x 75ml portions of
cold water, each time removing the lower aqueous layer.
Place the ether layer into a suitable beaker or conical flask and add 15gms of anhydrous magnesium
sulfate and stir the entire mixture for 10 minutes to absorb any water in the ether. Then filter off the
magnesium sulfate.
Place the filtered ether mixture into a distallation apparatus and remove the ether, when no more ether
passes over or is collected allow the residue to cool to room temperature, then collect this residue as it
consists of the desired phenylnitropropanol.

handle

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The Nitroalkene can be reduced with Fe and HCl. >Here<
Dl24ZzwxB3

BongMan

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
reduction with Fe and Hcl creepy and not good for large scale use instead Tin(II)chloride it is easier and feasible on both lab and large scale.

strong

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I mixed sulfuric acid and ethanol, then I did not use calcium carbonate, only added sodium carbonate, and made sodium ethyl sulphate, then I made Nitroethane by heating sodium ethyl sulphate and sodium nitrite.

Will this method work to make a P2NP and P2P?