4mmc brown crystals. How to fix it ?

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
as well please tell us what exactly you do to "crystalize" it, i think we can improve that as well

Zabka

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I make a solution of water / IPA (70/30), warning it up and add 4mmc powder, in proportion ( 1g 4mmc / 2,5ml water/ipa )
After complete dissolution I pour it into a container for evaporation and put it in dark place.

View previous replies…

ifeelsorry

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
@MMX right now I'm in evaporation process of 60g of meph powder in 30:70 water: alcohol solution, If i heat it will it crystalize faster? How much heat should i use ? And how to heat it? Like direct heat for hot plate or hot water bath? What is difference between organic evaporation, and heating it?

TheVacuumGuy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I think your problem lies in the previous step (eg. Filtering precipitate. It may be white, but off-white often also appears white).
For crystallization you could use 2 beakers. In 1 you add water and boil it. In 2 you add dry powder (and/or) a stirbar. Then you slowly pour the some water from 1 to into 2, and place 2 on the heater as well. You keep pouring tiny bits of 1 into 2, until 2 is fully dissolved. You end up having a saturated solution, with minimal of water (1g on 1ml avg). This way, impurities are spotted more easily.

Pour into container and leave for couple hours.

Reactions: $!$

RegulierTier

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
You should wash it with cold acetone first.
Then disolve your product in hot isoprop and place it in a freezer (over night) until it recrystallized, suck the isoprop up under vakuum and wash it again with cold acetone.

then start to make crystals...