Cannabidiol (CBD) Isomerization to Psychoactive Cannabinoids

kitboy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
GqYXjsEBI7

I was cooking CBD and by mistake added NAoh to the mixture, I think the isomerization stopped. 2 layers were formed, can someone tell me what was formed? Is it a good way to extract THC extract?

I am using methanol and HCL

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, at what stage have you added NaOH?

The answer can be given by HPLC analysis.

kitboy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
After 2 hours of isomerization, an oil was formed but it has an unpleasant smell and I don't know how to purify it.

kitboy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
When adding Naoh, the two phases separated and I think the reaction stopped. I tried to wash it in many ways but I can't get rid of that bad smell.

kitboy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
What is better acetic acid or hydrochloric acid? I have an oil left with a disgusting smell that I make to clean it or extract the pure cbd loas from methanol

kitboy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
When you add water saturated in NAOH to counteract the acid, I cannot eliminate it all, and if I add too much water the upper phase turns black. How can I do the extraction? How do I eliminate the acid smell? I tried cleaning it with distilled water but it didn't work.

I need help with this please

What PH should I leave the THC? Can I use butane or toluene to purify THC?

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Methods using catalytic amounts acids have established themselves better than in this topic. With pTSA 10% mol in DCM (delta-8) or with HCl 0,05% in ethanol (delta-9)