One-pot Amphetamine Synthesis From P2NP With NaBH4/CuCl2 (1kg scale)

Montecristo

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Here was what i did on a smaller scale;
1. Solution IPA/H2O 2:1 ((IPA 800ml,H2O 400ml)(1200ml)) was added a 2000ml flask.
2. NaBH4 (116 g) was added at once and stirring was started.
3. P2NP (67 g) was added in small portions, so that the temperature of the mixture did not exceed 60 *С.
4. CuCl2 (7 g) in water (13 ml) was added slow dropwise, so that the temperature of the mixture did not exceed 80 *С.
5. Thereafter, reaction was refluxed at 80 °C for 30 minutes using external heating.
6. Solution is decanted and filtered from reaction waste and put into a seperatory funnel.
7. 25% water solution of NaOH (533ml) was added to reaction mixture and the phases were separated.
8. Drain the bottom layer into a large beaker and collect the top organic layer.
9. The aqueous phase was then put into the seperatory funnel and extracted with 500ml of IPA.
10.IPA was evaporated by 3/4, half milky freebase and half IPA.
11.The IPA and freebase was dissolved in 130ml of acetone.
12.orthophosphoric acid dripped to pH - 6 (with constant stirring).
13.The mixture was put in the freezer for 12 hours.
14.After crystallisation the suspension was filtered and washed with dry cold acetone, until acetone is clean.
15.Acetone from washing and the ipa/acetone mix is placed back into freezer for further precipitation.
16.Process repeated until no more precipitate to yield 60-70% high quality amphetamine, as the mix gets more acetone in it you may need to drip some more acid to bring it down, but not too much as acetone is ph7.

Here is a photo of some of the dried paste rocks , the rest is dry powder to be mixed, as it is too strong for me and my friends.
I may update the recipe and do a write up for the small scale home chemist, there are lots of ways this could be better.

Attachments

• yrIiJuK8x7.PNG
    yrIiJuK8x7.PNG
    901.1 KB · Views: 508

flyhigh

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
this is no meth , can you write from here on how to make it to crystal meth

Amin. M

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
What method do you use to convert this white paste into crystal
d-methamphetamine?

T0lek511

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Can I replace CuCl2 with CuSO4. I read it on reddit and idk if is this possible but I think yes bc Cu(II) I am right?

mithyl2

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yes you should be able to. Although I'm having troubles with this synthesis myself, so perhaps I should try CuCl2 instead. It's much more expensive and much less widely available though

alf405

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
" To be precise, you have to multiply the number for the CuCl2.2H2O by 1,5 to get the right amount of CuSO4.5H2O."

Is this 1.5x multiplication true on any scale? From tiny to industrial?

TucoSalamanca.

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
my calculation on the p2np nabh4 amphetamine method
IPA 40-50 ml
H2O 12,5 ml
NaBH4 3.5 g
P2NP 2 g
CuCl2 +-0.2 g 9.675 H2o
NaOH (25% water solution) 16 ml
Acetone (dry) 5-10 ml
I first put ipa and h2o and mix for 2 minutes, then I add p2np, then I dissolve 0.200mg copper chloride in 5ml water and add it, but the temperature does not increase.

TucoSalamanca.

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
How many ml of copper chloride 200mg will I dissolve in water and add 1ml? First I add ipa and water, then I add nabh4, then I add p2np so that it does not exceed 60 degrees, the temperature increases, but when I add copper chloride 200mg, the temperature does not increase, I dissolve it in 5ml water and add it, I make a reaction with a 2lt 3-neck glass balloon.

waltjr5858

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The first time I tried this reaction it worked perfectly fine. Using the same everything and re crystallizing p2np so it was fresh it keeps failing no matter what I do. I keep sending up with a very very pure white powder that is not the same as the first time. It almost has a slightly fruity smell to it and right before you add sulfuric acid the time it worked the liquid was a golden color and every time after it's very clear. I think I am doing something wrong with the addition of the p2np in the first steps. Is there a maximum time that it cannot sit reducing? I know the video says it should take around 6 hours to add all the p2np so I am assuming it is safe up till that point. I do know the first time I did it when I was adding the last bit of p2np it stopped reacting to adding the p2np right about that time whereas every other time after that it is still slightly reacting exothermically and bubbling. I'm not sure what could be the difference between the first time and every other time. Maybe someone has some tricks or has had it failed in the manner I have. Thanks

Sashinski

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Can the alcohol be used again after it has evaporated? Or has it formed an acetropic mixture (88%ipa/12%h2o) due to the last use in the reactions?

waltjr5858

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
You could try... it would have to be distilled for sure since it has a color to it. Something is in there.... I am having a little trouble with mine and I'm hoping someone sees these post and knows what's going on. First time I made it perfect.... nice light tan... strong effects. Next time and every other time the final sulfate to be filtered is very white with a fruity smell ? It almost has a slight pink huhe to it. Very weak effects. I'm assuming it's over or under reduced? Anyone know which one? Or what would cause it? Too long or not long enough? Temperature....which was kept in line? I mean reading the patent they put all the p2np in like 10 minutes and roast it with the copper for 20 minutes saying reduced yields past 30 minutes. It looks like it fool proof but it's not... so over or under reduced so I can fix this thing.... thanks anyone

Xelious

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Can it be done in metal home cooking pot without reflux or losses gonna be too much?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
NaOH gonna damage your pot. Solvent evaporates without reflux condenser.

Xelious

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Any idea how to remove acetone smell or what else can be used?

InLikeFlynn

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The acetone should evaporate over time. Spread it out over a drying dish evenly (breaking up any clumps) and it should dry in about 1-2 days or so.

you could put it in a vacuum chamber to speed up the process or heat it up on a flask and pull a vacuum for some quicker techniques

Xelious

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Can HNO3 be used for the PH drop

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I would avoi using oxidizing acids in this step. Vtamin C will work, Ascorbic acid and thats a reducing agent too so no issues.

Xelious

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
So done it but in the end when vacuum nothing gets out, used 85% acetone and 85% phospho acid. Amph oil stayed 20h at room temp until i found acid where could be the problem?

Attachments

• yqxp5rul3V.jpg
    yqxp5rul3V.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 129
  • 9k0PQzpjMJ.jpg
    9k0PQzpjMJ.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 137
  • o9wGC4rBfR.jpg
    o9wGC4rBfR.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 136

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hi, 85% acetone and 15% of what solvent???
Can you clearly describe what did you do with as much details as possible. It gonna help us find your mistake.

View previous replies…

Xelious

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Added p2np slowly over 5 hours in ipa/water and nabh4 , kept temperature below 60c, added cucl2 and kept temperature at 76-80c for 30min(no idea did i put enough cucl2 but it became dark at the beggining) Took liquid and added NaOH into it(didnt check is ph 11 or more) , then took top layer then first tried to decrease pH by vit C liquid ,but it didnt worked at all today i found (20 hours water at room temp) phospho acid 85% and reduced the pH to 6. No idea what are these 15% in acetone its not written. Next week gonna try with 99% and no vit C. Thanks you

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
So, you decided to make amphetamine ascorbate?
Did you evaporate solvent?

How did you measure CuCl2 amount? Just added some approximate? Like a salt during cooking?

arianasdad

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
How bad is the smell id like to do a small to medium sized batch in my garage my neighbors are pretty close, if its bad would a grow tent with a carbon filter help at all, or are there any other simple solutions.

arianasdad

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
by small to medium i mean a 10g batch if that helps

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You can try 3-5g batch and gonna figure out that. If you have well filtered ventilation flow, everything gonna be alright.