Amphetamine synthesis from P2NP via Al/Hg (video)

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score

What temperature is best used to evaporate the Isopropyl from the solution to not affect the freebase?
To carry out a steam distillation after the evaporation is understood

I thought after 'getting rid' of the Isopropyl the freebase would be ready to go. I am looking to create 'A-Oil'/Amphetamine Freebase to create paste from it, not sulphate.
So I'd need to evaporate the Isopropyl to make it ready for use as the Isopropyl would be added by the people that would transfer the 'A-Oil' to speed paste (with Isopropyl and H2SO4).

@G.Patton thanks a lot for everything, you've been a great help so far!

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
The best option is use vacuum (rotovap machine). Temperature not bigger than 55-60 deg C.

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score

Thanks, I'll include that into my lab equipment list :)

Panzerschokolade

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
First try with phosphorus acid: full success.
Second try, all the same but doubled reagents and additional cleansing of a-freebase/IPA mixture with NaOH solution (same conc as in recipe) in separatory funnel ended badly. It was taken to pH 6, indicator papers remained yellow, but there was no precipitate. Then i added some 99% acetone to this yellowish after-aciding-mixture, and some white precipitate was observed. After few minutes of gentle mixing it started to create one big sticky chunk of goo. It filtered well, and after rinsing with acetone it remained sticky and slimy. It doesn't want to dry, even in 105°C oven. First batch was odourless and super dry/bulky. Second one's smell is strong and is characteristic to amp. What did i do wrong? In my country I can't buy sulfuric acid stronger than ~36% so i don't use it.

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Toss it and start over, that sticky mess is never gonna dry.I suggest you add alkali to ph 13 like in the procedure, regardless of quantity you need full separation and a ph of at least 13.Try slightly heating your acid (applies for phosphoric only) before use, if that dosen't do it it sounds to me like too dillute organic phase layer or too wet organic phase.I would advise the use of a solid drying agent and/or steam distillation and/or solvent evaporation under vaccum.

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
be aware chloride drying agents are incompatible with ipoh

Heartburn

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
At the very beginning of topic HIGGS BOSSON said:
If we extrapolate his proportions for 2.5kg batch you'll need to use 500L reactor. I wonder how the reaction speed and yield will look if the nitropropene/ipa/acid mixture was supercooled at the beginning? Maybe if we use aluminium grain beads 0.6mm instead of foil, we can slow the reaction that much to prevent foam over boiling and use smaller reactor than 500L?
Cons of this solution could be very long reaction time, and small amalgaming area of Al grains may force us to add additional mercury portions in situ to keep reduction going. Eventually, if freebase is distilled, there's no way to carry mercuric ions to final product.

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score

I heared that with scaling this reaction, it would be recommended to use even larger aluminium pieces to not spoil the reactor or cause a too heavy reaction once the P2NP is added. Anyway, the Al/Hg route seems to be causing too many issues when scaling.

In the meanwhile I found the NaBH4/CuCL2 route to be more suitable for a production on a larger scale with 1kg+ of P2NP.

Curiousonion

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
How do you scale this reaction??
This is one of the first reactions that I made when I first started and i did a small batch.
If you want to make a 1 kilogram batch you would need around 1 kilogram of foil, that stuff is huge in volume so how do you work with such a large amount?

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score

I was told that this reaction should only be scaled to 100g P2NP, otherwise the loss in yield would be too large/the reaction to heavy with regular equipment

If scaled, then scale ingredients linear

Curiousonion

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, it doesn't seem possible to scale it up for more than that.
The sodium borohydride reaction is good but the cost of the sodium makes it illogical from a financial perspective.

obwiju

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Good provider. Excellent pre-sale service. The order arrived very soon

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Decantation: collect the top layer containing amphetamine base in alcohol. It can be dried a little with anhydrous magnesium sulfate, and the slag can be additionally extracted with a non-polar solvent (ether, benzene, toluene), the solvent is then evaporated.

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Can you explain this part more because I don't understand?

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Can someone teach me how to dry it

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello. You can use English language only for publication. Please, read about Decantation in Decantation, gravity filtration and liquid transferring post.
Magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) is added to organic solution and it absorbs molecules of water from solution. MgSO4 is powder becomes solid piece, when absorbed water. You have to add MgSO4 until it will not absorb water any more.

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Thank you

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸