Amphetamine synthesis from P2NP via Al/Hg (video)

s3v3n

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
When adding the acid at the and, would IT also be possible to dilute the acid with more ipa? And what pH should i aim for when i use phosphoric acid and want the monobasic Salt? Thanks a Lot

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You have to add equimolar quantity of orthophosphoric acid to obtained amphetamine free base to get mono amphetamine phosphate.

s3v3n

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
yes, i understand that, but how do i know how much freebase i have, yield can be quite different

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Do you know that you can measure it with a cylinder or a scale?

Oppenheimer

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I am going to attempt my first synthesis later this month. I am a post grad and I have access to some lab equipment where I can basically do anything without needing someone to sign off on it. I will just need to make sure I properly sanitize everything after, but it's not a problem. I am excited to share my progress on here with all of you.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
We would like to see your synthesis report, good luck.

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Thank you

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
This just depends on your source of NaBH4, I am testing a new supplier for it soon that will offer it for 128€/Kg which makes it competible to the Al/Hg route.

On an industrial scale precursors and chemicals could be ordered from overseas (India, China, Pakistan), where they would get so cheap with Al/Hg and the CuCL2/NaBH4 route that both routes could be reduced to below 300€/Liter Freebase (from my calculations)

GhostOfHiroshima

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
hi there, i'm new to this and someone mentioned that sulfuric acid is substitutable with phosphoric acid. now i have some questions: which concentration is needed? what i found is acid with 37 % (but i think this is only working for dentists) and concentrations from 75 to 85 %. is this okay for use and is the procedure exactly the same like shown in the video? furthermore i had the same problems with the other ingredients: glacial acetic acid, IPA and acetone, what concentration is needed? my guess would have been, the purer, the better but since i'm absolutely new to this, i thought asking for it is no mistake. and finally, the mercury nitrate, it is really hard to get. i couldn't even find oldschool thermometers, at least where i come from. does anyone know suppliers in europe?

thanks in advance

s3v3n

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The procedure for phosphoric acid is similar but you cant use pH for this, you have to determine the moles of freebase you have and Put the Same amount of moles of phosphoric acid. Higher concetration is good, because Amphetamine Phosphate is soluable in water and If you drain the solvents some of your Produkt will get lost, but IT really isnt much If you have 85% phosphoric acid and you can evaporate the solvent to get Higher yields

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey there, I'd say you do nothing wrong with choosing higher concentrated ingredients especially for the sulfuric acid.
My assumption would be that impure ingredients have negative influences on yields and the final product quality.

As for IPA, Glacial Acetic Acid and Acetone, you're best of with the highest concentration you can find.

As for the Mercury (II) Nitrate - it is definitely not easy to find currently but I could recommend you a vendor from russia, that sells it.
I found that Mercury (II) Chloride is way easier to source though, you can get from the following shops/vendors

@Constantylious777 quite costy at 2.350EUR/Kg

I hope I could help

KokosDreams

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score

contol

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Without a reflux condenser, we will deal with the evaporation of alcohol. If the precipitate turns into a stone, add pure alcohol to the reaction again. Fully sealed barrel is not suitable, as we will deal with strongly increasing pressure

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You have to use reflux condenser as described in HIGGS BOSSON explanation under this video

meribel

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello guys,

How to do an acid-base extraction for the freebase ? Can i use Toluene and a Separatory funnel ?

I couldn't get hold of sulfuric acid unfortunately so I will use phosphoric acid.
Should I just add phosphoric acid or mix it with acetone like with sulfuric acid?
For 10ml of freebase amphetamine for example how much acid should I add? I tried to understand the g/mol but I can't..

Thank you for your answers !!

Meribel.

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Page 81, no dillution, 85% added as in in equimolar amounts to freebase.Idk about toluene.

https://ia600202.us.archive.org/34/items/Pharmaceutical_Manufacturing_Encyclopedia_Vols_12_2nd_Ed/Pharmaceutical_Manufacturing_Encyclopedia_Vols_12_2nd_Ed.pdf

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello. You can't carry out A/B extraction for free base. It is possible to do only with amphetamine salts. You can read manual from main page of Amphetamines section Amphetamine purification by acid-base extraction

Yes, you have to make solution like a sulfuric acid with acetone.

To cound how much acid do you need we will take 10 ml of amph free base as in example. 10ml of amph base / 0.936 g/ml = 10.6838 g. You have to count amount of moles: 10.6838g /135.21 g/mole = 0.079 moles of amphetamine. To produce monoamphetamine phosphate you have to take same amount of acid as amphetamine.
Hence: 0.079 moles * 97.994 g/mole = 7.743g of pure H3PO4. In case you have 70% acid solution, you have to take (7.743g * 100) / 70 = 11.06 ml of 70% H3PO4.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
There is (p.82) clearly written that solution of amphetamine was made with acetone: