4-MMC (mephedrone) synthesis. Bromination in dichlormethane.

Chemix-Express

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I am very interested in your comment. Someone has already mentioned this here on the forum.

I plan to set the temperature rigidly at 34 degrees (half of the given range of 32-36 degrees) and the reaction time at 4h.

The person who gave this information also gave proportions for this reaction.

Namely:
- 100g bk4
- 250ml DCM
- 150ml m40

1. will these proportions of reagents be correct?
2. i am to add 1/2 m40 at the beginning and 1/2 m40 after one hour of reaction. What is the purpose of this? I understand to tame the temperature, but what difference does it make if we do it in 1 go or spread it over two approaches?

I have already had one approach to this attempt. I added everything in the proportions as above. I heated the mixture to 20 degrees and started adding the m40. Unfortunately the temperature did not start to rise on its own. After starting the heating from outside, the temperature suddenly jumped to 40 degrees. The liquid was boiling and turning off the heating did not help.

What I think. Heat the reaction mass to 25-30 degrees before adding the m40 and only start gradually adding the m40 so as not to exceed the mentioned 36 degrees? Is this OK? Or do I heat the whole thing up to the reaction temperature of 34 degrees and only then add the m40?

I have one more question. How do I clean the free base?

Washing the free base twice with an equal volume of 10% sodium trisulphate solution to remove any remaining bromoketone and washing it 2 times with clean water is sufficient? Is it necessary to use something else?

Why is it that when I neutralise with hydrochloric acid in acetone to pH 6, when adding the HCL:acetone mixture to the free base it starts to turn colourful. It's terribly difficult to wash the powder to snow white afterwards.

The colours that have occurred to me are blue, green, dark red and pink.

subzero013

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
You will need to cool, and not heat if you want to do at a temperature of 34 degrees. After adding methylin in 10 - 15 minutes, the mixture will begin to self -heal, heated bromketon before adding methyline. It is not particularly clear why exactly 34 degrees, dichlormethane boil with dissolved bromketon will be at high temperatures. When acidic, acetone often gives the color to Mephedron, someone recommends that it use ethylacetate instead and acidify with salt -acid isopropanol, someone to sour with water and then remove it.

Chemix-Express

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi. After reconstitution of BK4 in DCM (25-26 degrees C), the flask was placed on the agitator and the maximum stirring was turned on. Heating is disabled. The entire m40 was added at once, after 5-10 min the temperature began to rise to 35-37 degrees in 30-35 minutes, after which it began to fall down on its own. You mentioned that the whole reaction should last about 3.5-4 hours and will end when the temperature automatically begins to drop. For me, it warmed up to only 35-37 degrees in 30-35 and began to fall down. What am I doing wrong?

StarWars

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
how to calculate the amount of dcm in this synthesis??

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
proportionately

WhalterWhite

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I tried this method x ready 2b4chloro. I got cold soft rocks. After cleaning with acetone, the yield was low +- 20%.

WhalterWhite

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
This after 12 h freezer

Attachments

• MmWKsIxTZd.jpg
    MmWKsIxTZd.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 312
  • baKWE6PDQ9.jpg
    baKWE6PDQ9.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 312

Zetetic

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I greet you gentlemen! what can replace dichloromethane? available are benzene, acetone, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl acetate, petroleum ether. hope for a quick reply. five hours left and the lab will be closed.

Reaction score
Benzene will work fine, but the methodology will change a bit. PM me and I'll tell you everything in detail.

Chemix-Express

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Can I also ask for some tips on the reaction to benzene? Currently, on benzene, the yield on crystal is around 53-55%. Maybe something will be useful. Regards and alletings

StarWars

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Dont use
Bezen is toxik use toulen or dcm

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
In fact, they are also toxic. With appropriate protection (well-ventilated area and face mask), any harm can be multiplied by 0.

euphoria84

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I found this on a Russian forum, according to them, 100% Bromoketone reacts in 7 hours at 30 degrees Celsius

Attachments

• 9bmrcLKsCH.jpg
    9bmrcLKsCH.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 486

w2x3f5

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Author Linx (banned) the information is not reliable. The reaction in dichloromethane takes an average of 2 hours at 30 degrees.

StarWars

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Police chemist say 24h in 20°c with toulen is much synthesis best is fast pure and much.

breathing.fire

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
If I don't have acetone or IPA I can replacement them with other alcohol like methanol or ethanol?

hexen

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
No only ethyl acetate