Ephedrine extraction from pills methods

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Separating ibuprofen from pseudoephedrine should be fairly simple, as ibuprofen is a carboxylic acid whereas pseudoephedrine is an amine. The pseudoephedrine will be water-soluble in acidic water, while the ibuprofen will not. If the pka of ibuprofen is between 4-5, you'll want a rather acidic solution to convert most of it to its free acid form; a pH of 3 should do nicely. This low pH can be achieved easily with hydrochloric (muriatic acid). Polyethylene glycol is water-soluble polymer, you can extract pseudo from water with help of ether or petroleum ether.

Last edited by a moderator:

xile

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Is it the same for Paracetamol or ASS?

Chery

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Мy favorite Actifet is no produced and I bought other pills with extended release tablets, when I filled them with alcohol, it turned out such a mess,

Starch... I thought and boiled this porridge in 5% sulfuric acid, thinking that it was possible to convert starch into glucose and oh gods the porridge turned into a liquid( foto 2)

Тhen I filtered everything and added sodium hydroxide ,and a strange plastic substance fell out, which I collected (photo 3) it tastes bitter like Еphedrine. what could it be? plasticizers?

Attachments

• RvIX6gz5Pu.jpg
    RvIX6gz5Pu.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 331
  • IdqCPx9cmL.jpg
    IdqCPx9cmL.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 327
  • Fxuza17cBI.jpg
    Fxuza17cBI.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 328

Nacho

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
You have sludge. No soup for you! (Soup=psuedo)
Most pills you can not use alcohol of any kind on. 1 ml of alcohol activates something that converts psuedo to sodium chloride and creates an endless amount of gak.
Water also activates this gakk so forget using water as your solvent or freebasing out psuedo. I've only found one method and I am hesitant to publish because the gak makers and pill formulators read these forums too and will change their formula to combat any success by clandestine chemists.
However the secret is a wash with Non-Chlorinated brake parts cleaner. Available at Walmart or any auto parts store in any country.
Spray on pill mass and let it soak for a 15-20 minutes or longer if you wish. Filter pill mass and discard liquid. Repeat this step until there is no more gakk or oils coming out in the wash fluid.
Now you can dissolve pill mass in xylene,ether, or hexane is best if you can get it. QD electronics cleaner is mostly hexane but Ive never used it for gassing. Filter and evaporate solvent or add sodium hydroxide solution if you need freebase for Birch reduction. Yield is consistently 90%+ of VERY clean psuedo.

The brake parts cleaner dissolves all gakk and additives. Actually dissolves anything and everything except psuedo. Try it on a few tablets first because I've not tried it on all brands and formulations but haven't been disappointed yet. I have a certain brand pill I get and I can wash twice with brake parts cleaner and use pill mass as is in a Hydriodic acid reduction because all it leaves behind is pure psuedo. No boiling solvents!!

Try it and see and best of luck friends.

Chery

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yes, you are right, this is gakк + starch, I processed the tablets with anhydrous methanol and starch remained on the filter, but along with the pseudo it passed gakk, I will try to treat with hexane

Chery

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
This, looks like pseudoephedrine free base crystallizes at room temperature

Attachments

• fd2AtkgxiX.jpg
    fd2AtkgxiX.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 317
  • OIlAwTi4r9.jpg
    OIlAwTi4r9.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 318

The chef

Don't buy from me
Reaction score

Hello, I will be brief and sorry for not understanding but in method 2, step number 10, what is brought to a boil? xylene or the mixture of isopropyl alcohol and naphtha?

Last edited:

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, @The chef. You have to add 50ml xylene to the extract mixture of alcohol and naphtha after step 8 and carry out step 10. Do you understand now?

Alper192535

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
@G.Patton pure pseudoephedrine hydrochloride how can i extract this drug

IBUCOLD-C 200 mg/30 mg/300 mg Film Coated Tablets
For oral use.
• Active substance: Each film coated tablet contains 200 mg ibuprofen, 30 mg pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and 300 mg ascorbic acid (Vitamin C).
• Excipients: Calcium hydrogen phosphate (anhydrous), croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose (PH101), colloidal silicon dioxide, povidone K30, talc, hydrogenated castor oil, microcrystalline cellulose (PH 112), Opadry AMB II 88A 230032 Orange [Polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide (E171), talc, sunset yellow FCF Aluminum Lake (E110), glyceryl monocaprilocaprate, sodium lauryl sulfate]

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Have you read this topic?

Alper192535

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
yes, I asked again because there is a drug name difference, thank you

carbon_hydrogen

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Can i use this for Ibuprofen + Pseudoephedrine? and can i use Kerosene instead of Naphta?

luci007

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hello friends
I need your help!!
How can I remove pseudoephedrine from antihistamine tablets?!
Is there an educational video about this?!
Thank you

broken_sharded

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
What do you think about just using the non-chlorinated brake cleaner to get rid of all unwanted material leaving you with just Pseudo HCL. One of these messages says it works but I’m skeptical. If it does I would much rather use this method.

Gofaster72

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe non chlorinated brake cleaner doesn't do squat Always thought it was the red can you wanted as it had the trichloroethylene in it. Don't think that even works nowadays irregardless of what you might have read on here. I could be wrong though????

None

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello, this is great, but in the second method, I didn't understand the washing with mek, part 12, after the filter, should I combine the solution with mek and heat it?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
No, just pure MEK through the funnel with ephedrine hydrochloride sediment in order to rinse it.

Gawer

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Can i use nahco3 instead of na2co3?

Cheerbushe

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I don't have MEK to rinse the pseudo HCL. (Procedure 12)What should I use instead of MEK?